Friday, June 18, 2010

Sipping Sangria




Sangria is the quintessential summer beverage! If you ever had an amazing sangria the you know exactly what I'm talking about and if you never have, trust me you don't know what you are missing!

I got this recipe years ago from a Spanish Tapas restaurant and unfortunately since then they no longer make amazing sangria but a watered down version of what was once the best sangria I've ever tasted. Thankfully, I have the original recipe and I"m happy to share :) The weather on the West Coast seems to finally (albeit slowly) getting warmer and my Sangria Recipe can finally be made for the first time this year but certainly not the last...

Sangria
1 Lemon
1 Orange
1 Apple
1 Bottle of Red Wine
1 1/2 oz brandy
1 1/2 oz Triple Sec
2 oz lemonade
2 oz orange juice
6 oz Soda or 7 UP

Peel orange and lemon carefully. You can start at the top and wind your way down so you get a large curl that you can dangle over the edge of the pitcher for decoration. Slice apple, orange and lemon and mix with all the liquids in a large pitcher. Stir gently and refrigerate until chilled. If you want to serve right away you can add plenty of ice but don't add the ice until you're ready to serve or it will water it down.

Of course you can add any other fruit you like such as peaches etc. and I prefer to use more orange juice and lemonade and eliminate the soda or 7 UP but adjust according to your taste and enjoy!



When I told the girls in the office about the Sangria, Lauren shared one that her and her girlfriends make that sounds awesome too. I haven't tried it but I'm sure it will be good and I've always wanted to try a white one. They call this the Lazy Man's Sangria :) She didn't give me amounts but I think they just eyeball it and put whatever amount they want?

White wine
Aranciata ( San Pellegrino's Sparkling Orange Beverage)
Pellegrino
Apples
Oranges
Strawberries
Grapes or whatever other fruits you like

Chill and serve with ice!!

Happy Weekend...

*photos taken from Tapas Oswaldo & Internet Therapy

No comments:

Post a Comment